4D vs 7D HIFU – Which One Is Better?
- Updated September 14, 2022
- by Honey Seida
What Is 4D HIFU?
4D HIFU is the newer generation of Ultrasound. The extraordinary effects of high-energy ultrasound waves (HIFU) for skin tightening and skin rejuvenation have been proven. New advanced high-energy ultrasound techniques have been used to design 4D HIFU devices.
Four-dimensional HIFU therapy eliminates fine lines on the face and improves sagging facial skin, body, and wrinkles by tightening the skin, stimulating collagen production, and increasing elasticity.
4D HIFU is also used for slimming the skin and breaking down fat cells and thus better excreting them through the lymphatic system.
The four-dimensional HIFU device transmits deep ultrasound energy deep into the skin to do that. 4D HIFU waves pass through the epidermal layer and do not cause any damage to the upper layer of the skin, and depending on the cartridge used, they can penetrate to the desired depth.
4D HIFU exerts a thermal effect on skin collagen fibers, stimulating the superficial muscular aponeurotic system and literally breaking down fatty tissue. The skin is lifted and tightened. Preliminary results of 4D HIFU are visible at once after it is done, which will satisfy the clients very much. But the main results will be visible 4-5 months after HIFU therapy is done.
What Is 7D HIFU?
The 7D HIFU device uses ultrasound energy to tighten the skin and reduce unwanted fat in certain areas. In this process, energy is concentrated and penetrates deep into the layers of the skin, causing thermal effects (heat).
Ultrasound energy is concentrated in the 7D HIFU device and is then targeted at a small focal point in the skin. This increases collagen and elastin production and the degradation of fats.
ollagen and elastin are the main factors in the youthfulness of the skin. These waves do not cause any damage to the skin or the surrounding tissue but rejuvenate the tissue in question. As a result, 7D HIFU devices can target deep layers of skin to tighten and rejuvenate the face without needles or surgery.
4D vs. 7D HIFU? Which One Is Better?
The main difference between 4D HIFU and 7D HIFU devices is the speed of operation and the number of cartridges. 7D HIFU has the largest number of cartridges, i.e., 7 in seven different depths, which can be well used for slimming certain areas of the body and rejuvenating and lifting all parts of the face and neck, even around the eyes and mouth.
7D HIFU devices have two modes of single shot and continuous operation. You can put the device on continuous mode, and with one press of the button, you can see the shots are repeated until you press the button for the second time. There will only be one shot in single-shot mode each time you press the cartridge button.
The results of 7D HIFU therapy last one to two years, but the amount of collagen production in the skin will be higher than before. When performing HIFU therapy with older devices, the patient feels a little sore, but with 7D HIFU therapy, all will be almost painless and quick.
|Faster speed of operation
|Smaller focus point (more accurate)
|Working in 7 layers of skin
|Slower speed of operation
|Bigger focus point
|Working in 4 layers of skin
Read more: HIFU vs Fractional RF
7D HIFU is the latest technology in HIFU therapy and, as such, is more popular than 4D HIFU. But there are also other considerations that will inevitably lead every client to choosing 7D HIFU over older technologies.
- 7D HIFU has a smaller focus point than other HIFU devices. As a result, high-energy concentrated ultrasound transfers energy more accurately to the target skin tissue layer, resulting in a thermal coagulation effect without damaging the surrounding tissues. This focused energy, while stimulating the proliferation of collagen and elastin fibers, dramatically improves comfort and gives you a great look with healthy, firm, and elastic skin.
- A 7D HIFU device has seven different cartridges that allow you to perform in 7 different layers of skin. Cartridges of 1.5, 2, 3, 4.5, 6 and 13 mm. Cartridges from 6 onwards enter fat tissue under the skin and change the use of HIFU therapy from rejuvenation to slimming and cellulite reduction.
- A 7D HIFU device comes with two different handpieces. There is a handpiece for the face used for rejuvenation and another handpiece for the body for slimming and lifting purposes.
- 7D HIFU is better than older HIFU devices in terms of results and has extraordinary power. The effects of HIFU therapy in this case last one to two years, and the amount of collagen production in the skin will be higher.
- Add to that the fact that the client usually feels a little discomfort when performing HIFU therapy with older devices, but 7D HIFU technology is much less painful and also much faster in comparison.