Fractional Radio Frequency Before and After
- Updated January 31, 2023
- by Honey Seida
Fractional RF is one of the most modern methods of skin rejuvenation available today. fractional RF is a completely safe and minimally invasive method that can produce exceptionally good results without the headache of surgery. In this blog post, we will be focusing on fractional radio frequency before and after care to produce the best results possible when it comes to skin tightening and rejuvenation.
What Is Fractional Radio Frequency?
In general, Fractional radio frequency is a method that uses needles to take RF into a person's skin and cause people's skin to tighten. This beauty treatment method makes your skin strong, and firm. it uses a combination of fractional radio frequency as well as skin stamping to create scars with the aim of encouraging your skin's repair process.
Fractional RF treatment is a great way to stimulate natural collagen production within your skin. RF takes advantage of low-level radio waves to create a thermal reaction in the dermis. This heat also metabolizes unhealthy cells and fibers and in turn stimulates the production of new healthy cells in the skin. Fractional radio frequency treatment has the ability to reduce pore size and acne scars, and cause overall skin rejuvenation.
Fractional RF Before and After
Before Fractional Radio Frequency
In general, one of the most important measures before performing the fractional RF procedure is to choose a good and experienced therapist or beautician. In your consultation sessions, you need to share all your expectations with your therapist so that they can guide you properly.
You should not take blood thinners, including aspirin, alcohol, and tobacco for three days before treatment. Also, if you are suffering from certain conditions and are taking medicine, be sure to inform your therapist beforehand.
Fractional Radio Frequency Aftercare
In general, any redness usually subsides completely within 2-3 hours, after which you should avoid exposure to the sun for a week. For optimal results, we recommend 4 to 8 RF treatments with an interval of 4 to 6 weeks (about 1 and a half months).
You can also benefit from LED therapy immediately after fractional radio frequency in order to give your skin a final healthy glow. To achieve the desired result, you need to observe a series of aftercare guidelines and instructions.
- You can gently wash your skin on the day of your Fractional radio frequency. It is completely allowed and there is no reason not to do this, but you will definitely need to avoid using strong detergents and rubbing the skin.
- It is necessary to use sunscreen after Fractional RF.
- You can use very light moisturizers to reduce the inflammation, as well as the redness of your skin as quickly as possible.
- You should avoid bathing, sauna, and going to the swimming pool for one day after your RF treatment.
- You should also avoid using night creams, exfoliators, anti-wrinkle lotions, and spot removers for two days or until the inflammation and redness of your skin are completely removed.
- Do not be exposed to direct sunlight for a week after fractional radio frequency treatment.
- In case of skin inflammation and redness, ice compresses can be used to reduce skin inflammation.
- Avoid scratching the treated areas and picking the skin with your hands.
- It may be necessary to use zinc ointment every 8 hours to remove inflammation.
- Avoid alcohol and anticoagulants until the inflammation is resolved.
Who Can Benefit from Fractional RF?
In general, fractional radio frequency treatment has many applications in medicine and beauty by improving the condition of the skin and boosting people’s levels of self-esteem and confidence. The most important applications of fractional Rf include:
- Tightening the double chin and jaw areas
- RF can completely treat active facial pimples or acne
- Treatment and elimination of cellulite
- It can also prevent excessive secretion of skin fat
- Tightening loose and sagging skin
- Treatment of stretch marks
- Skin rejuvenation and treatment of skin wrinkles
- Treatment of scars caused by acne, surgery, and burns
- Treatment of skin vascular lesions and rosacea
- Treatment of sunburn damage on the skin
- This method can treat the open pores of the skin
- Treatment of excessive sweating
Fractional Radio Frequency Side Effects
In general, this beauty treatment is a very minimally invasive method and for this reason, it has very limited side effects. It does not require a period of recovery and rest after treatment. Additionally, in clinical studies and also in medical reports, almost no long-term or permanent side effects have been documented for this skin tightening treatment. Possible side effects of fractional Rf include:
Pain: Some level of pain may be felt during fractional radio frequency treatment. Most of the time there is no need to use anesthetic solutions while in some cases application of anesthesia used topically will be able to reduce the pain.
Redness of the skin: rosy skin or skin arrhythmia may be seen in some people. These side effects usually disappear completely within one to two days after the treatment.
Swelling: Fractional RF treatment can cause swelling.
Read more: Radio Frequency Skin Tightening Dangers
Who Should Avoid Fractional RF?
Despite the many advantages of RF, it is not suitable for all people including the following:
- Pregnant women
- People who have an active infection at the treatment site
- People who have very severe inflammation in the skin of the treatment area
- People who use defibrillators or heart batteries
- People who suffer from blood coagulation disorders and delayed blood clotting
- People with untreated high blood pressure
- People suffering from diabetes or complications due to which their blood sugar is not controlled
- People who have recently been exposed to sunlight or have tanned skin
- People who have active herpes at the treatment site
Fractional Radio Frequency is a minimally invasive treatment for skin tightening and rejuvenation requiring no downtime and causing very few short-term side effects, however, in order to get the best results possible, one needs to pay close attention to the precautions and care required before and after fractional radio frequency treatment.